Thursday 16 May 2019

My website and this blog

It took me far too long to realise that some people probably don't code their html from scratch and actually use templates for their websites. It didn't even cross my mind. I'm already in too deep though. Since I've already gone this far I want to do it all myself. And maybe stea- be inspired by looking at the code of other people's websites. I've never done any kind of coding in my life before so this is all so new and confusing to me but I'm trying my best.

It's a good thing that I'm just aiming for the kind of design a personal website from the 90s/early 00s would have, so it doesn't have to look conventionally good. I can't even figure out how to get text into a box though. I've gotten it into a box with simple example text but when I try to implement it to my website it just refuses to work properly and I don't know enough to even understand what I'm doing wrong.

I'm also not entirely sure if I want to continue using this blog. I see other's making sections on their website itself for a blog/journal and I think I would prefer to keep everything in one place. But if I decide I want to include images in my blog posts, which I probably will, I'm afraid I'll run out of space. I don't have the spare income to afford paying to be a supporter. I'm having quite the pickle right now thinking about this.

I'll probably decide on what I want to do when I actually figure out how to get my website into a design that I'm more happy with. If I ever can.

No comments:

Post a Comment